Exempt property receiving a property tax exemption does not pay general property taxes.
Types of property that may qualify for a property tax exemption:
- Churches, church property
- Institutions of purely public charity
- Public hospitals
- Public property used for public purposes
- Public schools
How Do I Apply?
To apply for exemption, the documents that may be requested are as follows:
- Application for property tax exemption
- Articles of incorporation
- Income and expense statements and IRS Form 990
To view related documents, please visit the Property Applications & Verification Forms page.
The Minnesota Department of Revenue provides additional property tax information.