Rules for visiting an inmate of the Itasca County jail include:
- Visitors must be at least 18 years old with a picture ID containing date of birth.
- Visitors less than 18 years of age must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- No personal property, food, beverages, chewing gum, tobacco products or cell phones allowed in the visiting area.
- No one under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances will be allowed to visit.
- Damages to the visiting area or equipment may result in criminal charges and loss of visiting privileges.
- Assistance for handicapped visitors will be provided. Informing the jail of special needs when the visit is scheduled will expedite the process.
- All visitors are subject to being searched.
- Inmates will be allowed one visiting segment a day.