- Health & Human Services
- IMCare Division
COVID - 19 Health Care Response has ended.
Be Prepared to Renew your Medical Assistance and Minnesota Care health insurance.
Your Health Insurance needs to be renewed periodically. You’ll soon get a packet in the mail from the Minnesota Department of Human Services about how to renew your health insurance. We want to help you avoid losing your health insurance and possible disruptions in seeing your doctor or filling a prescription.
We’re here to help, contact us to:
- Help you update your address
- Help you get mailed a new packet
- Answer questions about your coverage
Contact us at 218-327-6188, toll free 1-800-843-9536, TTY 1-800-627-3529 or 711 via email at IMCare.Office@CO.ITASCA.mn.us or visit mn.gov/dhs/renewmycoverage to learn more.
The IMCare mission is to ensure access to high-quality, patient-centered, cost-effective health care for Itasca County residents through coordination and collaboration with local community partners and providers.
We are your local County health plan!
Please view the IMCare Fraud Awareness page for details regarding various forms of fraud.
Help Prevent FRAUD, WASTE AND ABUSE
Itasca Medical Care believes it is the responsibility of everyone to report suspected fraud, waste, or abuse.
What is Fraud, Waste and Abuse?
- Fraud is an act meant to gain something of value.
- Waste is the overuse of services that result in higher costs to the health care program.
- Abuse is the misuse of services.
How to prevent Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Members can help IMCare uncover fraud, waste, and abuse by keeping track of the following things:
- Who provided your health care
- What services you received during the visit and any additional tests or visits the doctor orders
- When you got a health care service
- Where the services took place
- Do not sign blank medical services documents
Call IMCare if you think the provider may have billed wrong or offered service you did not think you needed. Please remember, do not:
- Give your ID card or numbers to anyone other than your doctor, clinic, hospital, or other health care provider
- Ask your doctor or any other health care provider for medical services or supplies that you do not need
- Sign your name to a blank form
- Share your medical records with anyone other than your doctor, clinic, hospital, or other health care professional
Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
You can report fraud, waste, and abuse to the IMCare Compliance Department by calling our confidential Fraud Hotline at (866) 269-0584 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Authorization Request Questions:
Pharmacy Questions (by member last name):
Case Management Under age 65 Phone (by member last name):
Senior Services/Care Coordination Over age 65:
Provider Claim Services: