Minnesota Senior Health Options (MSHO)
IMCare Classic is a Medicare Advantage program with prescription drug coverage that combines health care and support services that are normally offered by separate programs into one seamless package.
There is no additional cost to you for IMCare Classic. We coordinate your Medicare and Medical Assistance (Medicaid) to pay for your covered services. Our goal is to make it simpler for people to get these services.
Visit How IMCare Works for information on utilizing the IMCare program.
Questions? Need help? Call Member Services at the number below. All calls during business hours are answered by a person, not a machine. We're here to help you. You can get more information about your services, to contact us, or to request print copies of your member materials.
You are eligible to join IMCare Classic (HMO SNP) if you meet the following criteria:
- You are age 65 years or over.
- You qualify for Medical Assistance (Medicaid).
- You have Medicare Parts A and B.
- You live in Itasca County.
If you meet the eligibility criteria and live in Itasca County, IMCare will be a health plan choice for you. You can enroll at any time, effective the first of the following month. If you would like to enroll in IMCare Classic, please fill out the IMCare Classic (HMO SNP) Enrollment Form (PDF) and do one of the following:
- Call Member Services at 1-800-843-9536. TTY users can call 1-800-627-3529 or 711.
- Call your County Financial Worker.
- Contact the Health and Human Services Department for Itasca county.
- Stop by the IMCare Division Office.
You may want to end your membership in IMCare Classic (HMO SNP). You can do this at any time. Ending your membership may be voluntary or involuntary. If you are leaving our plan, you must continue to get your medical care through our plan until your membership ends.
Since you are eligible for Medical Assistance (Medicaid) you can end your membership in IMCare Classic (HMO SNP) at any time. Your disenrollment will usually be effective on the first day of the month after we receive your request to change plans. Your enrollment in your new plan will also begin on this day. If you decide to change to a new plan, you can choose another Medicare health plan or Original Medicare.
How to Disenroll
For more complete information about disenrolling from IMCare Classic (HMO SNP), you can do any of the following:
- See Chapter 10 (Ending your membership in the plan) of your MSHO Member Handbook (PDF) (Evidence of Coverage)
- Call IMCare Classic (HMO SNP) Member Services at 1-800-843-9536. TTY users can call 1-800-627-3529 or 711. Calls to these numbers are free.
October 1 - March 31 - 7 days a week; 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
April 1 - September 30 - Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Read the Medicare and You Handbook. Everyone with Medicare receives a copy of Medicare and You each fall. Those new to Medicare will receive it within a month after first signing up. You can also download a copy from the Medicare website.
- Contact Medicare at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048. Calls to these numbers are free.
H2417 IMCARECLASSIC_114 CMS_Approved 04/04/2017